Many practices are now under increasing pressure to reduce their out of hours service, owing to stricter health and safety legislation, and trying to give their vets some time out of work to relax. This has resulted in more and more practices using a central night service.
Our size does allow us to continue to run our own night service at Ringwood. This has the advantage that :
- You will see one of our vets – chances are you will know them already.
- Your pet’s clinical records will be available.
- There will be a nurse available on site all night to watch your pet and give them a cuddle if necessary. Your pet will be checked at least several times during the night, or more often if required.
- Night medications will be given at the correct time.
- If your pet needs hospitalising for several days they will not need to move between surgeries every day. Many night services do not provide any day service and pets therefore have to be transferred back to their own vet during the day and then back to the night service again at night.
- We are accountable. Any problems, and all you need to do is speak to us and we will do our best to resolve them.